Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My favorite Part of my Personal Essay


I am an artist, so I am constantly looking for inspiration. I love photography. There is one spot on Jekyll that I spend the day at. The locals call it driftwood beach or Roots. It is a beach that is hidden from the road and the rest of the beaches on Jekyll. There are trees that have fallen down over the years do to the tide and erosion. They are giant and absolutely stunning. Each tree is different and their branches are gnarly and tangled. The bark is striped gray from years of weather and tourists, but they are still beautiful and pristine in my eyes. Sitting on a tree, I study the scene. The ocean tide is smashing against the rock barrier that protects the trees from washing away into the sea. I am glad that someone built it so that the haunting elegance of this beach remains for a long time. My favorite tree is actually two trees that fell over together because their roots    had grown together. It forms a “C” shape and makes the perfect place to sit and look at the sea and all of the freight ships that pass by. A few years back I took a picture of my friend sitting in it and entered it into a photography contest. I did not win anything for it, but I got a lot of positive comments on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment