Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Monday, April 25, 2011

Trees

My favorite things in nature are trees. Here are some pictures that I have taken of the different trees on Jekyll Island.


Resurrection Ferns and Spanish Moss are common on trees in the South. 


This is the picture I took of my friend Alex. I entered this photo in a competition but didn't win anything.


This is my favorite tree or trees I guess. It is the perfect spot to look out at the ocean.


This is a hollow tree that we spotted off of the bike trails. 


This tree is hundreds of years old. Some of the branches are so long and heavy that they are permanently buried in the ground. 


A tree on the beach. I love this photo because it has good contrasting.


It is hard not to climb all over the trees.


The trees on the coast facing the Atlantic are permanently wind blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment